2003-2010 Powerstroke 6.0L / 6.4L Colt Cams Stage 2 Camshaft
The 6.0 and 6.4 Power Stroke engines are designed with heavy emissions controls in mind. This means that the camshafts aren't designed to take full advantage of the air flow the heads can produce. They are designed to reduce emissions by keeping some exhaust gas in the cylinders. This is one of the reasons it is so hard to spool up a non-vgt turbo on your Power Stroke.
Colt Cams has worked with numerous performance shops over the years to perfect a suitable upgrade that not only performs better, but is reliable. These cams will help reduce EGT's (by getting the exhaust out of the cylinder and new air in), improve horsepower, improve the engine's performance throughout the entire rpm range (yes, you guessed it, by getting the exhaust out of the cylinder and new air in!) and can support up to 5,000 rpms.
PLEASE NOTE: When we say our camshaft is a straight drop in, we mean: In almost all cases. However, due to many contributing variances in an engine: heads planed, block decked, valve recession etc... any cam including stock, should always be checked for clearance before start up!
- Stage 2:NEW BILLET camshafts are also designed to be a drop in. These have a slight lift and duration increase over the Stage I but are very similar. The advantages to a Stage 2 over the Stage I are:
- This is a new camshaft BILLET (with a stock base circle size) it has been heat treated 5 X deeper than stock. This is a great alternative to having to send in a used core, saving in shipping and a possible charge for welding and fixing worn lobes, and
- These are new and in stock! Like the Stage I, it is a great option for everyone except the most serious of competition vehicles.
- Stage 3 and Stage 4: Competition camshafts; need we say more? Call us today to get the lowdown on which one you need and what it will take to put you out front!
- Stage 2 – This grind is very similar to Stage1 but done on a brand new steel billet; again a straight drop in. No core required.
- Stage 3 and 4 - These are race cams, using a new billet, and valve relief is required.
2003 - 2010 6.0L/6.4L
Most orders are shipped 1-2 weekdays after an order is placed, depending on availability. Some products are shipped directly from manufacturers and may be subject to duty and taxes.
Not all products are stocked in house. Please check for availability as some products may be backordered.