Universal 3" Exhaust Brake (1028030)
It has been almost 30 years since we started shipping our first exhaust brakes. With that many hill and mountain roads experienced, we used the knowledge gained to continue to deliver the best designed exhaust brake for your application. Incorporating BD's exclusive Variable Orifice Technology, BD's solid, offset butterfly, spring loaded cylinder and pressure regulation provides up to 150 retarding horsepower throughout the engine's RPM range - not just at high rpm like some designs that use holes or additional parts and claim it as a better idea. A range of rugged, cast-iron housings for Dodge, Ford, Chevy and motor home applications that incorporate BD's exclusive alumibronze bushing, piston ring-seals and stainless steel butterfly shaft has proven to stand-up under the harsh, high heat conditions of the exhaust environment. BD's butterfly valve and rotating shaft are made of stainless steel to resist corrosion. An air compressor is included in most kits for newer pick-up trucks.
- Provides up to 150 retarding horsepower throughout the engine's RPM range
- BD's exclusive Variable Orifice Technology
- Adjustable pressure regulation
- Pneumatic spring loaded cylinder
- BD's solid, offset butterfly
- Rugged, cast-iron housings
- BD's exclusive alumibronze bushing
- Piston ring-seals
- Stainless steel butterfly shaft
- Proven to stand-up under the harsh, high heat conditions of the exhaust environment
- All mounting hardware provided
- There's a reason why the BD Brake is the most widely-recognized diesel exhaust brake in the industry: It's the best! Compare it to the competition, and you'll see why.
- 24,000 Miles
- Brake controls connect to throttle pedal with Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APPS). Vehicles without APPS will require 1300420 micro switch and custom bracket will have to be made.
- Exhaust Back Pressure test gauge kit 1030050 suggested for the set-up of exhaust brakes
- May not work with engines that have OEM Variable Vane (VGT) turbos such as Cummins ISX. Will work with aftermarket non-VGT turbos.
Most orders are shipped 1-2 weekdays after an order is placed, depending on availability. Some products are shipped directly from manufacturers.
Not all products are stocked in house. Please check for availability as some products may be backordered.