2003 - 2007 Dodge Cummins BD Diesel Positive Air Shutdown Kit w/o Electronics (1036720-M)
Like a fire extinguisher in your house, or an earthquake kit, it's always better to be prepared. Although rare, Diesel Engine Runaway is caused when external hydrocarbons are drawn into the engine and can cause overspeeding and catastrophic engine failure. Life, limb and your vehicle are put in jeopardy. BD Diesel Performance has you covered should the worst happen with our Positive Air Shut-Off (PAS) by cutting the intake air supply to the cylinders and safely shutting down the engine. The Positive Air Shut-Off butterfly valve design simplifies the number of parts and reduces the overall size as compared to competitive units and uses aluminum and stainless components plus weatherproof electrical connectors to prevent corrosion. Easy installation with bead boot locks - no need for welding. Standard applications include over-speed electronics and CAC pipes included for some vehicles.
- Emergency Engine Shutdown
- The most effective method to emergency shutdown engine is to cut the air supply
- Butterfly valve placed in-line in the air intake system
- Heavy duty electrical solenoid trips a locked safety cam causing the engine to shutdown within seconds
- Unique locking lever holds valve
- Unique bead lock keeps boots in place, no welding required!
- Reduced overall size as compared to competitive units
- Aluminum and stainless components plus weatherproof electrical connectors to prevent corrosion
- CAC pipes included for some vehicles
- Automatic engine overspeed electronics
- 24,000 Miles
Most orders are shipped 1-2 weekdays after an order is placed, depending on availability. Some products are shipped directly from manufacturers.
Not all products are stocked in house. Please check for availability as some products may be backordered.