2001 - 2010 GM Performance CP3 (FPE-DMAX-CP3K)
2001 - 2010 GM Performance CP3 FPE-DMAX-CP3K
The Fleece Performance CP3K is a modified Duramax LBZ CP3 designed to eliminate the factory fuel flow restriction that begins at 3,000 RPM. If you have a stock CP3 pump you are losing fuel flow and rail pressure after 3000 RPM, which correlates to lost horsepower when you need it most. This cost effective upgrade will allow you to maintain desired fuel rail pressure through your entire RPM range.
WHAT SIZE INJECTORS DOES THE CP3 SUPPORT?
- Injector size should be based off of desired horsepower goals, truck uses, and tuning capabilities. Commanded main injection duration, or tuning, ultimately determines what size injector a CP3 will support. Our PowerFlo750 will support our 100hp injector at 2600uS with no issue, resulting in over 750RWHP if your turbo will support that. Some people have seen over 800rwhp with shorter duration's and larger injectors on FPE 68mm turbo's and larger.
WHAT IS MAIN INJECTION DURATION?
- Main Injection Duration is the amount of time that the injector is turned on or energized. Measured in micro-seconds (uS) it is sometimes referred to as pulse-width.
WHAT DOES A CP3 PUMP DO?
- A common rail fuel system is most easily related to supply & demand. Commanded main injection duration, the demand, while the CP3 is the supply. The bigger the injector and/or longer the commanded duration, the higher the demand. CP3's are limited to what they can supply (Volume) based on displacement & RPM. As demand increases beyond the CP3's ability to supply, then fuel rail pressure starts to drop.
- NOTE: The fuel pressure regulator will need to be scaled appropriately when installed in a 2001-2005 (LB7 or LLY) You can get the values here.
- GM Duramax LB7 | LLY | LBZ | LMM | 2001 - 2010